Dual face of the summer! Amongst all of the seasons on the earth, summer is the most complex one in terms of the reactions amongst the people. When it comes to having a summer in India, you would be getting to enjoy mangoes, ice-creams, watermelons, and other cool things that are specific to the season. However, as the other side of the coin, you would be getting exposed to unbearable heat and humidity that causes irritation and discomfort.
Keeping up with such urgency, technology has gifted mankind with simple equipment like a ceiling fan to complex ones like AC. Coming to India-specific, the former won’t be sufficient, and the latter will cost a fortune on buying and operational costs. Therefore, there is an intermediate way to the same- portable air conditioners. Today’s blog discusses it in more detail.
10 Best Portable Air Conditioner in India 2020
|Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC|
|Super General 1.5 Ton Portable Air Conditioner|
|Eurgeen Portable (4 in 1 for All Seasons) Air Conditioner|
|Lloyd 1 Ton Portable AC|
|Whynter Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner|
|Super General 1.5 Ton Portable AC|
|Koryo Emerald Portable AC|
|Garrison Portable Air Conditioner|
|Honeywell 1.15 Ton Portable AC|
|LG 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner|
Getting into the technicalities
As defined by the name, portable air conditioner, popularly called as portable AC is a system that lies in the intermediary line between an air cooler and AC. In simple words, it is a self-contained system that has caster wheels at the base to be put up in one corner of the room (like air coolers) but has cooling performance and efficiency similar to that of the AC.
It does not require any installation complication in the form of drilling or setting up the chiller pipes. Rather, you would be getting to enjoy the facilities of an AC at a lesser operational cost. Based on the external conditions, it can be adjusted into the three modes of air conditioner, fan, and dehumidifier.
Advantages of going for Portable AC
You can get the following benefits by going for a portable AC:
- The perfect piece of relief for households with limited spacing or families staying in rented homes (where the installation requires special permissions from the owners).
- The required benefits of an AC at a reduced buying price and operational costs.
- Highly compatible with different locations due to the enhanced portability features.
- Three modes to select as per the requirements and external weather conditions.
- Very simple in terms of installation as well as circulation of the cool air to all of the corners of the room for enhanced comfort of the inmates.
General features to Look Before Buying Portable AC
Irrespective of the brand name or model, you would find a set of common features amongst the category of portable ACs. The following lists down the same:
- A programmable thermostat, that operates under three steps- setting up the ambient temperature inside of the room, maintaining the same till it is sufficiently cooled, and finally turning off automatically. This removes the need for manually turning on or off the appliance.
- Remote control feature to gain an upper hand on the appliance without having to move frequently to set up the same.
- Perfect drainage system to maintain the equilibrium of working gas and condensed liquid in the channels.
- Dual feature of AC as well as a heater to support during the times of winter and save up on extra costs of going for a separate unit.
- The setting of a dehumidifier to control it in areas of wet climate (especially during the summer and rainy seasons).
What are the factors that need to be looked upon?
Along with these basics, you also need to understand the different factors that can help in making the best choice of the model of the portable air conditioner. Thus refer to the following list for the same:
- Cost- It is the very first factor that comes into the mind before buying any kind of appliance. More features or modes in the portable AC can cost a significant amount, but it might be the case that your location does not require the use of all. Thus, assess the climatic conditions to get the best-optimized cost.
- Size of appliance- It comes very useful during the times of relocation or taking up the appliance to repair shops for routine maintenance work. Also, in households under spacing constraints, it is the deciding factor.
- BTU specification- It determines the optimal room size within which the appliance can fit well and circulate the air to keep up to the comfort levels of the different users.
- Energy usage– Higher the star ratings from BIS, the better would be the energy consumption and lesser would be the overall impact on the net operational costs.
- Ventilation unit– It needs to have a proper venting kit that can disperse out the hot air effectively and stays compatible with the ventilation system of the entire house.
- Ease of use– Well, what is the point of going for a complex model if you are not able to decipher the performance or functionalities of the same? Thus go for the one that suitably fits your requirements and does not bring much complexity.
- Accessory features– Accessory features like ease of installation (without having to drill unnecessary holes or fixtures), superb aesthetics (that fit inside the interiors designed after a lot of hard work), and less noise further add to the longevity and reliability of the same.
- Noise– The overall unit must not produce unnecessary noises and keep the same within the allowable dB levels as per the Indian Standards.
With this, we conclude on our basic buying guide for the portable air conditioner. Now, the upcoming sections would elucidate in detail about our take of the top 10 Portable AC models in the Indian market (after careful consideration of the technology implemented in each and the reviews given by the current users).
10 Best Portable AC to Buy in India 2020
Blue Star 1 Ton Portable AC
Well, what would be the better way to start the list than going for the model from one of the leading AC brands of India? Starting from just the category of window AC, Bluestar has now come up as the solution provider for an energy-efficient portfolio of products and currently owns a lion’s share of the Indian portable AC market.
With the 1 Ton model being the top on the list, the following are the classic features to come up with the same:
- Highly efficient rotary compressor system to optimize the cooling without compromising on the sustainability or operational costs of the consumers.
- Hydrophilic evaporator fins prevent the condensation of the liquid and enhance the continuous use of the working gas by heating the accumulated amount (more points to sustainability).
- Antifreeze technology prevents frost formation in the internal channels and reduces the chances of unnecessary damage to the appliance.
- Customer delighters in terms of ‘Tank Alarm’ to alert the users about draining out the condensate after crossing the critical level and auto-sterilization filter to kill out the bacteria that can cause air-borne diseases.
- Advanced features in the name of the fully remote-controlled system, programmable functions to set up the functionality for a 24 hour cycle, the fail-proof mechanism in form of error code display during times of any internal damage, and internal memory to store the different functions.
- Perfect fit for summer as well as monsoon seasons to keep up with the comforts of the inmates.
- Holds the required certifications for eco-friendly refrigerant R410A and zero ozone-depleting substances.
Super General 1.5 Ton Portable Air Conditioner
The next in the list comes from Super General, a UAE-based brand of home appliances focusing on the best-engineered products for the customers. Out of the existing portfolio of the portable ACs from the brand, this 1.5-ton capacity model comes at the top. Its capacity makes it suitable to use for medium-sized rooms (within 120-180 sq.ft).
The following are the brownie points that can be obtained by going for the model:
- High precision in the engineering of the airflow system that maintains constant supply and power of the same to provide the constant internal temperature.
- Modes of the fan, AC, and dehumidifier i.e. 3 in 1 unit at affordable pricing when compared to the competition.
- 2L tank capacity to provide sufficient cooling during the entire period of operation and keep up the numbers on reliability.
- Control features in terms of the LED display to showcase the different parameters and smart timer to adjust the working as per the user requirements (keeping in mind about energy consumption and sustainability).
- Multi-filter to safeguard against the harmful microbes, dust, and PPM particles for maintaining a safe and cool air supply.
- Easy portability from one room to another within the house and even during transportation.
Eurgeen Portable (4 in 1 for All Seasons) Air Conditioner
When it comes to owning a portable AC, the customers look for an appliance that works best in different seasons with a simple change in the modes. Thus, keeping up with this line of thought, Evergreen Portable was launched in the market to work as an AC, fan, dehumidifier, and heater.
As per the BTU specification, it works perfectly fine in the room spaces within 100 sq.ft and comes up with the features given below:
- Enhanced control over the machine by either remote control or interactive touch panel (consists of an intelligent display and indicative LED for the options).
- Auto evaporation technology in the exhaust pipe for removal of the condensed water and thus saves up on the manual efforts of throwing the same frequently.
- Options for sleep and timer modes to set up the AC for a fixed duration in the night and then automatically turn off for energy conservation.
- Sleek design and lightweight to make the entire unit move easily around the house or even to other locations in the event of relocation.
- Meets the regulatory standards of energy efficiency and the use of zero ozone-depleting substances.
- Smart controls to regulate the different parameters as per the room requirements and external weather conditions.
Lloyd 1 Ton Portable AC
Stemming out from the parent company Havells, Lloyd has set up its name as one of the trusted and reliable brands for Air Conditioners. From being solely dependent on the window and split categories, it has now expanded to portable ACs and currently owns the 1 Ton model as the top-selling piece.
Blending the features, aesthetics, and safety perfectly into one fine engineered piece, the following are the winning points on the same:
- Best in class heat transfer capacity by the use of grooved copper fittings in the condenser and thus achieves cooling at a reduced time.
- The rotary compressor that stays energy-efficient and offers a cooling capacity at about 3450 W.
- Hydrophilic epoxy coating on the condenser fins to prevent corrosion in contact with the water and enhance the usable life of the entire appliance.
- High quality of the air filters in the appliance to purify the air against microbes and dust and ensure zero pollution within the house.
- Perfect for room sizes of 120 sq.ft and offers the airflow in the medium range for overall convenience to the inmates.
- Lightweight body and equipped with caster wheels for easy movement within and outside of the house.
- One year of warranty on the overall body to cover up the repair costs.
Whynter Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
If you are aiming for a high-end product and do not have an upper limit on the budget, then this model from Whynter is the choice for you. Lying in the luxury segment, it is currently this year’s award-winning piece in the category of portable ACs.
The following are the brownie points that can be enjoyed by going for it:
- Dual hose operation for efficient cooling of space up to 500 sq.ft and thus takes up the overall efficiency number to the skies.
- Three in one machine with the modes for the fan, AC, and dehumidifier (to work perfectly in the summer and rainy seasons).
- Full thermostatic control to conserve the energy and reduce the manual dependence of setting up the parameters or spending sleepless nights in the name of energy conservation.
- Patented technology for the auto drain to evaporate the wastewater and reuse the same in the system (enhancing the value of sustainability).
- Use of R-32 refrigerant that does not cause any harm to the ozone layer.
- Best in class activated carbon filter to clear out the impurities in the air and replenish pure and fresh one within the room.
- Different accessory combinations are offered in the e-commerce websites for convenient use by the end customers.
Super General 1.5 Ton Portable AC
Super General is highly suitable for those households having a larger room space (greater than 180 sq.ft) and aiming to spend an extra amount to ensure the best comfort during the summer season. With increased capacity, this model is highly efficient in providing the required cooling and has proven records of maintaining the ambient conditions for the residents.
The following are the buying features that have added the same into this list:
- Three in one model that acts as a fan, AC, and dehumidifier and thus works pretty well in other seasons apart from just summer.
- No drip technology to prevent leakage of condensed water from the condenser.
- The anti-bacterial feature works against the microbes, dust, and dirt particles and ensures the supply of clean air to the inmates of the room.
- Clear and lucid digital display with an indication of all of the necessary parameters.
- A perfectly engineered thermostatic mechanism to ensure the power cut-off to the AC after the required temperature has been attained within the set time.
- Perfect movability within the house via the caster wheels at the base.
- Highly energy-efficient to give a peaceful sleep at the night.
- 1 Year of overall warranty and 5 years on the compressor.
Koryo Emerald KPA18AF Portable AC
The next item on our list is from the brand of Koryo Emerald. Though it is not that well-known to the customers, its products have been giving significant competition to the reputed brands and this model stands as a testimony to the same.
The first impression that comes is the three in one technology implemented in it, where the same unit can be used as a fan, AC, and dehumidifier.
Thus, it finds the application in different seasons and the following define the added features to the same:
- Anti-bacterial filter to clear out the impurities from the air and ensure clean supply to the inmates.
- Timer mode to set up the setting of AC and automatically turn it off after reaching the set temperature within the set time.
- 4-way airflow direction to ensure abundant supply to all corners and prove out on the overall efficiency.
- An efficient compressor of Hitachi Highly to conduct the overall process smoothly.
- 1 year of overall warranty and 4 years on the compressor.
Garrison Portable Air Conditioner
When it comes to getting comfortable with superb features and reasonable price, you can trust this model from Garrison. The notable feature of this product is the bucketless evaporative technology for proper management of the condensed water and not creating a mess out of the same.
Along with this, the following are the noteworthy features to have added stars to it:
- Automation in the forms of three controls of fan speed and auto-restart button to reduce human dependency.
- Four in one model at an affordable price to come handy in summer, monsoon, and winter seasons.
- Full remote control of the parameters, with a touch electronic panel to enhance the gracious living of the consumers.
- Easy mount single hose exhaustion system and window venting kit for overall convenience.
- Caster wheels at the base for easy transportation of the same.
Honeywell 1.15 Ton Portable AC
The American MNC, Honeywell has been a leading player in the Indian market for consumer electronics and thus maintaining the same trend in the category of portable ACs. With this, the penultimate product in our list is this 1.15 Ton model from the brand that harbors 3-in-1 technology i.e. fan, AC, and dehumidifier.
The following are the buying points to add value to the customers’ expectations:
- Lightweight body with easy transportation and movement within the house.
- The cooling capacity of 14000 BTU that works very well within the room size of 100 sq.ft. and circulates the air to all corners.
- Smart technology in terms of digital display and touch panel to control the different parameters.
- The auto evaporation system removes the water tray and reduces the overall system complexity.
- Very easy installation with detailed guidelines and accessories provided under the same packaging.
- Energy-efficient and gives no load on the utility costs.
LG 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
The last one on our list has to be from the brand of LG. Aiming at creating a good life for the consumers, it has been continuously striving to innovate the technology and stay in line with the customers’ expectations. The same has also been followed for the category of portable ACs and this model is the leading one for the same.
The following are the winning points of this SKU:
- Smart controls via remote to keep everything under the fingertips and reduce manual dependency on the machine.
- 8000 BTU of cooling capacity that works perfectly well with room space up to 200 sq.ft.
- Inclined air discharge with auto swing louvers to reduce the creation of hot spots in the vicinity of the machine.
- Twin fan and cooling speed to meet the differing conditions.
- Interactive LED display to play with the different parameters of the unit.
With this, we conclude our list of the top 10 portable ACs in the Indian market for 2020. Remember to consider all of these basics and align them with your requirements to find the best fit.
Stay subscribed to our blog for more such content in the future.